Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Total time: 45 mins
Course: Teatime snack | Servings: 20 cookies
Difficulty level: Easy
- 50 g salted butter
- 50 g jaggery powder
- 50 g honey
- 50 g plain flour
- 75 g almond flakes
- 50 g roasted salted pistachio, chopped
- 50 g dried cranberries (optional)
- Zest of 2 oranges (optional)
- 175 g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Line two baking sheets with baking paper
- Melt butter, jaggery and honey in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, whisk in the flour and then add almonds, pistachios, cranberries and orange zest.
- Scoop the mixture, approx. 1 tbsp each time, on the baking sheets, leaving about an inch of space between scoops for the mixture to spread. Bake for 10 mins until golden.
- Leave to cool until firm enough to remove from baking sheet, ~2-3 mins. Using a spatula, lift cookies off the sheet and place them on a wire rack to cool completely
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Turn the cooled Florentines over on to the wire rack. Using a spoon, spread melted chocolate on to the base of each Florentine. Once the chocolate is firm enough to hold its shape, use a fork to make wavy designs on the chocolate. Leave to set.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool cupboard
- Serve with your choice of hot beverage