Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: - | Total time: 15 mins
Course: Dessert | Servings: 16
Difficulty level: Easy
For the base
- 400 g Butter cashew biscuits (from Frontier Bakery) – twist #1
- ½ cup cold espresso
- 3 tbsp Bailey’s original liqueur – twist #2
For the filling
- 200 grams heavy cream
- 200 grams mascarpone cheese (or substitute with cream cheese)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules (optional, if you wish to limit the intensity of coffee flavour) – twist #3
For the garnish
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- To make the filling, add whipping cream to a large mixing bowl and beat on medium speed with an electric mixer. Add sugar, vanilla and instant coffee granules (if using) and continue to beat until you get stiff peaks. Be careful not to over-beat the cream, otherwise it will churn to butter. Add mascarpone cheese and beat on low speed until combined. If the mascarpone is lumpy, pass the mascarpone-cream mix through a sieve.
- To assemble the tiramisu, you need a square dessert dish with walls ~1 inch (or more) high. Line the dessert dish with butter cashew biscuits. Mix Bailey’s and cold espresso in a cup. Spoon half the espresso mix over the biscuits, allowing the biscuits to soak in the coffee flavours. Spread half the cream-cheese mix over the biscuit base. Add another layer of the butter cashew biscuits. Spoon the remaining espresso mix onto the biscuit layer, followed by the remaining cream cheese. Smooth the surface if you must, using a flour scraper.
- Dust the surface of the tiramisu with cocoa powder (put cocoa powder in a sieve with semi-fine mesh, place the sieve over the tiramisu and tap with a spoon to sprinkle a dusting of cocoa).
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Cut into squares and serve cold.