Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Total time: 35 mins
Course: Desserts | Servings: 9
Difficulty level: Easy
- 140 grams butter (salted or unsalted)
- 200 grams powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 250 grams dark chocolate, half melted and half cut into small chunks
- 100 grams flour (maida)
- 25 grams cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt (if using salted butter) OR ¾ tsp salt (if using unsalted butter)
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- ½ cup chopped nuts of your choice (cashews / walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C. Grease a square baking dish with neutral vegetable oil
- Melt butter in a mixing bowl. Add sugar and whisk until smooth
- Add eggs and vanilla paste. Whisk
- Add melted dark chocolate. Whisk until combined
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, salt and coffee). Mix together
- Add the dry ingredients to the brownie mix. Stir until combined
- Add the chocolate chunks and chopped nuts. Mix
- Spread brownie mix in the baking dish and smooth its surface with a spatula
- Bake for 30 minutes. Test by inserting toothpick in the center, which should come out slightly moist.
- Cool for 30 minutes. Cut into squares / rectangles.
- Serve as-is, or warmed (topped with chocolate sauce and with vanilla ice-cream).