Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Total time: 40 mins
Course: Appetisers | Servings: 4
Difficulty level: Easy
- 1 large cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Fresh coriander sprig
- In a mixing bowl, toss cauliflower florets with 2 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Spread florets in a single layer in the bowl of an air fryer. Air fry at 200 C for 15 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes for an even roast
- Heat a pan, and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add onion and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add salt and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add broth and thyme and turn on the heat.
- When the broth comes to a boil, add the roasted cauliflower. Bring to a boil and then reduce flame to low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from heat and allow the soup to cool. Transfer to a blender and add butter. Blend until smooth – the soup should be thick and creamy. Add nutmeg and blend again to mix. Taste, and adjust salt.
- To serve, heat soup and pour into 4 bowls. Garnish with a sprig of coriander.